Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD's (PBUH) LOVE FOR HIS WIVES



By looking at the biography of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), you will find that the Messenger of humanity, (PBUH), appreciated women (wives), and gave them intensive care and proper love.

He demonstrated wonderful examples during his daily life. He was the first person to stay by her side and stop her from crying, care about her feelings, not making fun of her words, listen to her, and ease her grief.

Perhaps many would agree with me that modern Western books which talk about martial life don’t have a real example. They are just empty slogans on papers.

Even though, the bestsellers in this matter were unable to reach to what the Prophet of mercy, (PBUH) reached in his life. These are some of precise situations in his life:

Drinking and eating from one place:
A’isha (RA) reported : I would drink then I would hand it “ the vessel” to the Prophet (PBUH ) and he would put his mouth where mine had been and drink and I would eat the meat from a bone and he would put his mouth where mine had been. Narrated by Muslim.

Laying in the wife's lap:
A’isha (RA) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) would recline in my lap when I was menstruating. Narrated by Muslim.

Combing his hair:
A’isha (RA) reported: When the messenger of Allah (PBUH) was in the mosque he put his head in to my place and I combed his hair. Narrated by Muslim.

Outings with his wife at night: -
The prophet (PBUH) used to go walking with Aisha (RA) at night while talking with each other. Narrated by Bukhari.

Assisting her in the housework:
A’isha (RA) was asked: “What did the Prophet use to do in his house?” She replied, “He used to keep himself busy serving his family." Narrated by Bukari

Giving gifts to her friends:-
When the prophet (PBUH) slaughtered a sheep he said "send it to Khadija’s friends." Narrator by Muslim. (Khadija is the Prophet's {PBUH} first wife)

Praising her: -
The Prophet (PBUH) said that value of Aisha (RA) among women was the same value of thareed (bread soaked in soup) compared to other foods. Narrated by Muslim

He was pleased when she met her friends
Aisha (RA) said "My friends used to visit me but they were feeling shy from the Prophet, (PBUH), and they started to come less. So the Prophet, (PBUH), used to send for them so that I could meet them. Narrated by Muslim.

Declaring his love :-
The Prophet (PBUH) said about Khadija (RA) “I have been given her love.” Narrated by Muslim.

The Prophet (PBUH) said “O, Allah, the things which are in my control (i.e. justice and equality between
different wives) I always do justice (with them), but forgive me for that which is
beyond my control (i.e. my love with Ayesha)”.

‘Amr bin Al-‘Aas (RA) asked the Prophet (PBUH):
“O, Prophet of Allah whom do you love the most”.
“Ayesha”, he replied.
“And whom do you love the most among the men”, ‘Amr bin A’-‘Aas further asked.
“Her father” (Abu Bakr RA), the Prophet (PBUH)said.

Looking at her beautiful manners:
The Prophet (PBUH), "A male believer should not shun a female believer. If he hated one manner from her, he would accept other." Narrated by Muslim

Sleeping with his wife if he saw a woman by mistake that made him want to fulfill his desire:
The Prophet (PBUH) said: " If one of you saw a woman he should go to his wife to fulfill his desire. “ Narrated by Muslim

Does not talk about her private matters :
He said (PBUH): The worst of place with Allah on the judgment day is the man who exchanges secrets with his wife and she with him then he spreads her secrets." Narrated by Muslim

Kissing: -
The Prophet, (PBUH), used to kiss his wives while he was fasting: Narrated by Muslim

Using perfume all the time
Aish’a (RA) said: "It is as if I am looking at the glitter of scent in the part of the Prophet’s hair while he was Muhrim ". Narrated by Muslim

Giving her gifts:
Aisha (RA) said: The people were waiting for Aisha’s (RA) day to give their gifts wanting by this to please the Prophet (PBUH)." Narrated by Muslim.

Knowing her feelings:
The Prophet (PBUH), said to Aisha (RA): I know when you are angry with me or not … if were content with me you say no and by the God of Mohammad. And if you were angry with me you say: no and by the God of Ibrahim." Narrated by Muslim.

Patience with her anger

Omar Ibn Al Katab said: My wife was mad at me and she reprimanded me and I rejected that from her! She said: Why do you reject it from me? I swear by Allah that the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) reprimanded him and one of them ignored him all the day long until the night." Narrated by al Bukari.

Not beating her
Aisha (RA) said that “The Prophet didn’t strike a servant or a woman and he did beat anything with his hands." Narrated by Ibn Majah

Consoling her when she cries
Safiya (RA) was on a journey with the Prophet, (PBUH), and that day was her day and she was late so the Prophet (PBUH) received her while she was crying. She said you make me ride a slow camel so the Prophet wiped her tears and tried to make her stop crying." Narrated by Al Nisaee.

No comments:

Post a Comment